Utopia Planitia Shipyards

I was going over the Star Trek The Next Generation Technical Manual published in 1991.  I wanted to get an idea of the pieces of the ship.  I think it will be fun to have a better understanding of the engineering jargon and locality of the ship's parts. This isn't just building a model, it is a intimate understanding of something vastly important to me.

The beginning of Gene Roddenberry's forward hit home for me:

"The Starship Enterprise is not a collection of motion picture sets or a model used in visual effects. It is a very real vehicle; one designed for storytelling.  You the audience, furnish its propulsion. With a wondrous leap of imagination, you make it into a real spaceship that can take us into the far reaches of the galaxy and sometimes even the depths of the human soul."