To boldly go where no Jon has gone before

I have fond memories of going to hobby stores as a kid and looking at the Star Trek and Star Wars models you could purchase and build.  The ones that really got my imagination going were the advanced models you could light up.  The one that always caught my eye was the AMT Enterprise-D from Star Trek The Next Generation television show.  I never did attempt that challenge as a kid, but now I'm older and do whatever the fuck I want (within reason and strict constraints - wife/kids/job).  So I'm going to make this pilgrimage into my past happen and blog about it. This is no easy task, but it will be done right.  I'm not starting with any of the tools I need so it is going to take me a while.  This adventure has been set in motion and will be finished.  Buckle your seat-belts and crank that baby blue Weezer CD...we are going for a ride.

Engage MFs.



The unscathed Enterprise defeats the Tripoli in 1801